I am in love with metal stamping right now. My friend has a stamp kit and was good enough to let me borrow it for a bit. She hadn't used it yet and I was nervous about being the first one to start pounding them with a hammer.
we seek after these things."
A few things I learned with this project:
- metal washers are inexpensive and fun to stamp (.10 a piece at Lowe's)
- missionary experiences are all around us if we open our mouths (Lowe's - awesome experience!)
- concrete (my garage) was the best place to do the stamping
- do not let your children use the hammer while you hold the stamp, injury will occur
- permanent markers can be used to fill in the stamped area (rub off excess with damp cloth)
- take apart unused/broken jewelry to use instead of purchasing new beads/jewels
- girls love jewelry (already knew this - but it was reconfirmed)