The theme for our 2014 Stake YW Sports Day was "Might. Mind. Strength."
The 2014 Mutual Theme: Moroni 10:32
"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
1) To invite the young women to "Come Unto Christ" with all their...
- Might: the power, energy, or intensity of which one is capable.
- Mind: the part of a person that thinks, reasons, feels, and remembers.
- Strength: the ability to resist being moved and the ability to deal with problems in a determined and effective way.
2) To provide an opportunity for the young women to enjoy various sports and learn sportsmanship. Handbook 13.1 - Activities
3) To inspire and encourage young women to live a healthy lifestyle.
As the young women arrived, they were given a colored wristband. We had four colors of wristbands, each of them representing a different color group. Once everyone knew which group they were in... the fun began!
This is what our morning looked like:
Group 1 and Group 2 Basketball (cultural hall)
Group 3 Zumba (relief society room)
Group 4 Healthy Living Class (young women room)
Group 3 and Group 4 Basketball (cultural hall)
Group 1 Zumba (relief society room)
Group 2 Healthy Living Class (young women room)
Group 2 and Group 3 Volleyball (cultural hall)
Group 4 Zumba (relief society room)
Group 1 Healthy Living Class (young women room)
Groups 1 and Group 4 Volleyball (cultural hall)
Group 2 Zumba (relief society room)
Group 3 Healthy Living Class (young women room)
ALL Groups Dodge-ball/Crossfire (cultural hall)
Healthy Living Class/Snacks
Our class was wonderful! As the young women arrived they filled their plates with homemade hummus, pita chips, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and celery. The discussion was primarily based on Doctrine and Covenants 89. I wish I had a copy of all the references used and the dialogue that took place during each class. A lot of time went into our instructors presentation.
Yogurt parfaits were available before the all group activity, Dodge-ball/Crossfire.*
The young women were each given a "Might. Mind. Strength." bookmark.
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
The following packages are available in my Etsy shop. I am happy to customize colors for you, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests.