I did not take very good notes, but we had a wonderful Stake Leadership meeting last night. I wanted to share a few thoughts from the talks that were given.
PRESIDENCY MEETINGS by President Nelson
- Instead of spiritual thoughts, why not hold gospel discussions.
- How often should you meet? (as often as needed) see Doctrine and Covenants Section 4:
1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.
- Meet with a purpose.
- A portion of the meeting should be focused on the rolls. No more strangers among us.
- Nourish souls, by supplying spiritual food to those we serve.
MOTHERHOOD by President Barlocker
"Are we all not Mothers?", Sheri L. Dew, October 2001
"Mothers who Know" , Julie Beck, October 2007
"Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God" , video Mormon Messages
LEADERSHIP by President Witt
"What might leadership look like...
- in government? One in authority.
- in sports? One who rallies the team.
- in business? One who meets goals.
- in the gospel? One who lifts and blesses others.
Are you prepared to lead? (opened to discussion)
- willing to serve
- filled with charity
- at peace
What makes a Counsel/Presidency effective? (opened to discussion)
- each comes spiritually ready
- meet with a purpose
- when all they do is to better the lives of people
- see Mosiah 18: 8-11