This tutorial is for those who want to make an instant masterpiece with a large group.
We made scrabble tile pendant necklaces recently during our Stake Beehive Conference. It was a perfect "quick and easy" craft for our group of 80+ girls and leaders.
- Scrabble Tiles
- Resin Drop Stickers (I purchased mine from Dew Supplies on Etsy)
- Mod Podge
- Super Glue
- Small Jewelry Bails
- Ball Chains
To help save on time, I put together "kits" for each young woman. That way they could simply grab a kit and go to work. I placed the following items into a snack sized ziplock bag: instuctions, scrabble tile, bail, ball chain, and resin sticker. The Mod Podge, and super glue were placed at their work space - along with some baby wipes for their fingers. :)*
This is how we made ours:
- Carefully remove the protective backing from the resin sticker, do not touch the sticky side.
- Press over the image you want to use.
- Trim down the image, cutting right up along the edge of the sticker.
- Using your finger, spread a layer of Mod Podge over the entire backside of the scrabble tile (make sure to spread all the way to the sides). Center on the non-letter side of your Scrabble tile (make sure the back letter is facing upwards) and press into place. Press and hold the image on top of the Scrabble tile for several minutes to create a tight bond. Let dry fully for at least 15 minutes.
- Flip your Scrabble tile over so the back is facing you. Using Super Glue, carefully center your bail along the top edge of your tile and press into place. Let dry. It'll be quick!
- Thread ball chain, using the end without the clasp, through bail. Secure the clasp.
- All done!
Create your own images for your own unique creations. Here is a sample of the images we used for our Beehive Conference: